Compiling elinks with 256 color suport

veera venkataramani veera13 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 22:53:02 PST 2006

Hello,

I am using darwinports on my Powerbook running OSX 10.4.8.

prompt> port version
Version: 1.320

I was able to install elinks and use it without any problems. Thanks for all the great work!!

After using it for a bit, I found that using more than 16 colors will help usability quite a bit. (I tried this out on my Linux box and, yes! it definitely helps).

For this elinks (http://elinks.or.cz/faq.html) recommends compiling an xterm with 256 color support and then compiling elinks again. I got the xterm part done.

However for elinks, its not simple as adding "--with-256colors" in the config.args in the Portfile; the docs then say I need to edit the feature.conf file before compiling.

Can someone tell me how I can find and edit the feature.conf file for compiling elinks? I did the following search and it didnt return any matches:

promtp> find /opt/local/ -name feature.conf

Thanks!
Veera.