Latest ruby 1.8.5_1

Paul Guyot pguyot at kallisys.net
Mon Nov 6 14:02:37 PST 2006

Le 7 nov. 06 à 03:06, Luc Heinrich a écrit :

> Greetings,
>
> The latest version of the ruby Portfile (dubbed 1.8.5_1) adds tcl
> and tk as dependencies. I suggest making them as a 'tk' variant
> instead, having to install tcl/tk to actually install ruby hurts my
> feelings pretty badly... :)

The problem is that ruby uses tk and tcl during compilation. I don't
know what exactly. I agree that it's a pain and it would actually be
in favor of Jordan's position.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.opendarwin.darwinports/18644/

I don't know how to turn it into a variant in such a way that without
this variant, ruby doesn't touch tk & tcl if they're available.

Paul