How to get out of this foolish position?

Taka Fukuda fukuda at computer.org
Tue Nov 7 09:41:17 PST 2006

    Thank you for your replies, Jerry-san, Ryan-san and
    Paul-san.

    And I am sorry for the duplicated posts.  Somehow, my
    spam filter categorized all the messages (including
    mine) in this thread as "Unsure." (^^;

At Sat, 4 Nov 2006 13:39:17 -0800,
Paul Beard wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2006, at 12:34 PM, Taka Fukuda wrote:
>
> >     Could you show me how to get out of this situation?
>
> I find some incantations of deinstall and deactivate are sometimes
> required.
>
> If you run 'port installed' what does it tell you about the state of
> perl? You might find a version issue that you can address with the
> full name of the port. Make sure the active version is the one you
> expect.
>
> This is what I get:
>
> port installed | grep perl
>    perl5.8 @5.8.8_0+darwin_8 (active)

    I got the same result except "(active)".

> Or, failing any luck there, you can always cheat ;-)
>
> cd /opt/local/var/db/dports/receipts/perl5.8/5.8.8_0+darwin_8
> (assuming your install is in the Usual Place).
>
> remove the receipt for any versions of perl you find are blocking
> you, and then try to reinstall. Drastic, yes, but effective when I
> have used it in the past.

    It worked!!  Thank you, Paul-san.  Now, perl is working
    fine.

    Maybe I had made a part of the database inconsistent when I
    unintentionally interrupted a port process.

    Thanks again,

--
--                                               Taka Fukuda
--                                    fukuda at computer.org