unison / older version question

Paul Guyot pguyot at kallisys.net
Wed Nov 8 13:39:55 PST 2006

Le 8 nov. 06 à 16:32, Belinda Thom a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I would like to install an older version of unison (as the server side
> runs 2.9.1 and I think I need to run the same on the client).
>
> Is this possible in macports? What seems to be available is:
>
> 101 % port search unison
> unison                         net/unison     2.13.16      Unison File
> Synchronizer

Hello Belinda,

Unison latest stable version is 2.13.16, so it's unlikely that an
earlier version would be made available via DarwinPorts.

So you're up to the following paths:
- update the version on the server (basically, this is what I do
whenever a new stable release appears)
- install Unison 2.9.1 based on an earlier version of the port.
The proper portfile can be found here:
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/dports/net/
unison/Portfile?rev=4523

Please note however that it might not compile as there have been
serious changes in OCaml that might have broken the compatibility
with such an old source code.

Regards,

Paul
--
Ministre ultraplénipotentiaire en disponibilité.
Mobile. Sans baignoire fixe.