Problems upgrading subversion port

Paulo Moura pmoura at di.ubi.pt
Thu Nov 9 08:23:06 PST 2006

Hi Daniel!

> On Nov 9, 2006, at 4:50 AM, Paulo Moura wrote:
>> While trying to upgrade the subversion port, I got the error (when
>> compiling subversion):
>>
>> ld: Undefined symbols:
>> _locale_charset referenced from libintl expected to be defined in
>> libiconv
>> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
>> make: *** [subversion/libsvn_subr/libsvn_subr-1.la] Error 1
>
> Did you upgrade libiconv too? Then you'll need to upgrade any other
> ports that depend on libiconv but didn't get rebuilt?

Doing a "sudo port upgrade subversion" resulted on other ports such
as "libiconv" being automatically upgraded. I cannot find a port
named "libintl". Running "port outdated" I found that "icu" and
"gettext" are outdated so I upgraded them. After that, trying to
finally upgrading subversion gives me the error:

ld: Undefined symbols:
_libintl_dgettext referenced from libneon.26 expected to be defined
in /opt/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make: *** [subversion/libsvn_ra_dav/libsvn_ra_dav-1.la] Error 1

The "neon" port is up-to-date so I'm still looking for a solution
that does not imply downgrading all ports upgraded in the last few
hours :-)

Cheers,

Paulo

Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura
Dep. of Computer Science, University of Beira Interior
6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal

Office 4.3  Ext. 3257
Phone: +351 275319891 Fax: +351 275319899
Email: <mailto:pmoura at di.ubi.pt>

Home page: <http://www.di.ubi.pt/~pmoura>
Research: <http://logtalk.org/>