Problems upgrading subversion port

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Thu Nov 9 10:35:10 PST 2006

Paulo Moura <pmoura at di.ubi.pt> on Thursday, November 9, 2006 at 10:25 AM
-0800 wrote:
>> Looks like it is the gettext 0.14 to 0.15 upgrade problem and it isn't
>> pleasant.  See the problem hotlist.
>>
>> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/ProblemHotlist
>
>That did the trick. Thanks for the tip. Btw, the functionality of the
>script on the web page above would be a nice addition to the "port"
>command...

Paulo,

I'm glad it worked for you.  I think the script is only helpful for
circumstances specific to the gettext upgrade problem, though I could be
wrong.  Because of that after awhile this specific problem will go away
after everyone gets getext updated.  I think deficiencies in the
dependency handling of MacPorts, which are known but not dealt with yet,
will at some point be addressed and those deficiencies are what really
made the script necessary.

Mark