gimp2 and MacOS 10.3/Darwin 7.9

Darrel levitch at iglou.com
Thu Nov 9 18:40:25 PST 2006

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Ansgar Esztermann wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> While trying to install gtk2, I stumbled over the gtkprintbackendcups
> problem. Following a suggestion on the list, I tried gtk28 instead.
> That compiles flawlessly, but I still cannot install gimp2 (and,
> presumably, other gtk apps) as the dependency on gtk2 remains
> unfulfilled.
>
> Any tips as to how to proceed?

Venturing from the main topic to consider installation of gimp2,
for the case that it will not compile in MacPorts- my PowerPC G4
has a working Gimp installation from pkgsrc:

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html

Actually I have not attempted the MacPorts Gimp installation,
recently experimenting with the NetBSD applications concurrently
with MacPorts.

Obviously, there is a binary as well:  http://gimp-app.sourceforge.net/

I am running dports and pkgsrc on the same system. No errors have
I seen and my path includes both in the Bash shell.

Darrel