wordpress question

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 10 14:33:23 PST 2006

On Nov 10, 2006, at 16:01, Belinda Thom wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I registered for an account at http://www.macports.org/ and was then
> sent my user name and corresponding password via my email.
>
> I cannot login w/this username and password (sent to me from
> wordpress at macports.org). How should I proceed?

I don't know; I'll have to leave that to someone else to answer.

> Also, am wondering if there is a reason that 1.3.2 is listed before
> 1.3.1 in the download page
> http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/

Because the list is sorted alphabetically, and someone inadvertently
named the 1.3.1 package with a lowercase p which sorts after the
uppercase P in the 1.3.2 package. I have asked before for this to be
corrected and nobody commented on it.

> Finally, often things are referred to as darwinports (e.g. the above
> dmg files) and yet there is the name "macports". Is there a
> distinction between the two (and if so, what is it)?

The project used to be called DarwinPorts and is now called MacPorts.
There just hasn't been a release of the software since the name
change. The next version's dmg file will obviously be called MacPorts.