unable to install apache2

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 14 19:26:36 PST 2006

On Nov 14, 2006, at 19:20, Russell Gold wrote:

> I do:
>
> sudo port install apache2
>
> I get:
>
> checking for APR... configure: error: the --with-apr parameter is
> incorrect. It must specify an install prefix, a build directory, or
> an apr-config file
>

> 'port version' returns:
> Version: 1.320

What version of the apache port do you have? Are you up to date? The
current version is 2.2.3. Have you done a "sudo port sync" recently?
I don't see any changes recently that would account for this error.
It's always installed just fine for me.

Do you have the apr and apr-util ports installed? What version? Are
the current? Current version of both is 1.2.7. Does "port outdated"
show that you need to update these?