GnuCash +libofx on Intel Macs

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Sat Nov 18 12:09:30 PST 2006

Anthony Agelastos <iqgrande at gmail.com> on Saturday, November 18, 2006 at
4:13 AM -0800 wrote:
>when I try to install gnucash
>via `port intall gnucash +libofx`, it fails on openjade (required for
>libofx) when openjade tries to use gcc33 which is broken on Intel
>Macs. Is there a workaround for this? Thank you all for your
>assistance with this.

There is a bug on openjade.

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/8657

It compiles under gcc4, but I don't know why it was forced to gcc4 in the
first place.  I removed

"CC=gcc-3.3 CXX=g++-3.3"
and the line "reinplace "s|CXX=|CXX=g++-3.3|g" ${worksrcpath}/libtool"

and it still choked because of improper includes.  So I then found these
patches from the FreeBSD port:

patch-GroveApp.h
patch-GroveBuilder.cxx
patch-Node.h

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/textproc/openjade/files/

So I copied them into ./openjade/files, changed this

patchfiles      patch-Makefile.lib.in patch-Makefile.prog.in
patch-ltmain.sh \
                patch-configure

to this:

patchfiles      patch-Makefile.lib.in patch-Makefile.prog.in
patch-ltmain.sh \
                patch-configure patch-GroveApp.h patch-GroveBuilder.cxx
patch-Node.h

and it compiled fine on my MacBook Pro.  I don't use openjade so I don't
know if it operates ok so if someone would test it that would be great.
If this port is abandoned perhaps it is better to have a port that
compiles so people can test it and tell us if it has runtime errors or not.

Mark