gnome-applets install fails

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Tue Nov 21 09:48:33 PST 2006

giannidoe at mac.com on Saturday, November 18, 2006 at 10:25 PM -0800 wrote:
>I'm also getting build failures for gnome-applets because
>'xklavier_config.h' is not present.
>libxklavier is installed but xklavier_config.h is nowhere to be found.
>Is this a problem with the libxklavier port?
>

>> Most programming languages error out from one mistake, at the top
>> note:
>>    gswitchit_config.c:27:41: error: libxklavier/xklavier_config.h: No
>> such file or directory
>>
>> Missing prerequisite in the port possibly...
>>
>> James Cornell
>>
>> On Oct 28, 2006, at 8:01 AM, McGarry Vince wrote:
>>
>> > gnome-applets appears to be the only package in the MacPorts Gnome
>> > distribution that will not compile on my PowerBook G4. It fails at
>> > this point

libxklavier is a little out of date, but there is still no
xklavier_config.h.  I'll update that later since it is unmaintained.  But
the gnome-applets port is out of date too, though we should hear from our
resident gnome expert on this, Randall.  Maybe there is a reason it has
not been updated.

Mark