MacPorts: Perforce

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Mon Nov 27 19:46:12 PST 2006

shanec at pobox.com on Monday, November 27, 2006 at 12:50 PM -0800 wrote:
>Is there a Port which supports the newer versions of Perforce? I can't
>seem to locate one. The latest Perforce version for Mac is 2006.1 and
>the latest Port uses 2002.1... a major advantage of 2006.1 is that the
>free version can have up to 5 clients rather than the 2 allowed by 2002.1.

There is a patch to update the perforce port to 06.1 that has not been
assigned to the maintainer.  I just did that so it can be commited in a
few days if there is no response from him.  You couls easily apply the
patch to your local portfile to try it now if you wish.  However, perforce
is released as separate tarballs for PPC and Intel so presumably it will
only work on PPC unless the portfile is reworked some more or the perforce
developers unify the releases.

Mark