libiconv incompatability with security update?

Fred and Margot Dushin fadushin at fourfold.org
Thu Nov 30 13:43:15 PST 2006

Trying to build gnome on a macbook, with yesterday's security update,
and I'm getting a lot of link warnings (duplicate symbols) when
building various executables (the last one was for evolution-data-
server), complaining about libiconv in /usr/lib, against the new
version I have in /opt/local/lib.  libtool then fails to link, though
the reasons are unclear.

This is a fresh install of Darwinports on a new macbook, with of
course the latest security update installed.

I checked the version of libiconv in /usr/lib, and indeed its
timestamp is that in my log for the installed security update.

Did Apple break our gnome build?

Also, slightly off topic, but does anyone know how to get a listing
of all affected files when a(n OS X) package is installed?

Thanks,
Fred