compiler error building libofx on macbook

Ryan Schmidt macports-2006c at ryandesign.com
Sun Oct 1 13:54:17 PDT 2006

On Sep 30, 2006, at 17:32, Richard Nelson wrote:

> I cannot get libofx to build on the macbook. Failure occurs with

> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... no
> checking for working aclocal... found
> checking for working autoconf... found
> checking for working automake... found
> checking for working autoheader... found
> checking for working makeinfo... found
> checking location of OpenSP include files... checking for
> /opt/local/include/OpenSP... yes
> checking location of OpenSP Library... /opt/local/lib
> checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin8.7.1
> checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin8.7.1
> saving distribution makefiles...
> checking for gcc... gcc-3.3
> checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
> cannot create executables
>
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: openjade
>
> The computer is set to use gcc 4.0.1. I tried switching to gcc 3.3;
> no change. Any suggestions? Thanks.

The message that the compiler cannot create executables often means
that Xcode is not installed. But you claim that it is? The latest
version?

AFAIK gcc 3 is not compatible with Intel Macs, so you should
definitely be using gcc 4. The configure output above shows that it
found gcc-3.3, which AFAIK will not work. I do not know (other than
gcc-select) how to tell it to use gcc 4.