php5 +postgresql install

Ryan Schmidt macports-2006c at ryandesign.com
Fri Oct 6 19:31:14 PDT 2006

On Oct 6, 2006, at 14:57, Matt Kane's Brain wrote:

> I can't get php5 with the postgresql variant to build. I've got all
> the dependencies, but it looks like the php build can't find the
> right headers. For some reason it's looking in /usr/local/pgsql/
> include instead of /opt/local/include/postgresql81 (where are the
> include files are)
>
> Here's the logfile:
> <port.log>

Ah. It is difficult for me to know what to do with this problem
because I've never used PostgreSQL.

All the errors seem to be in the pgsql PDO support that was recently
added to the port. I'd send you a link to the ticket that caused this
to be added, but OpenDarwin Bugzilla is no more and Mac OS Forge Trac
doesn't like me yet.

If you don't need the PDO support you can likely remove the --with-
pdo-pgsql switch from the php5 postgresql variant. But I'm not sure
what the correct fix is to allow pgsql PDO support to build properly.