New Wiki Page

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Sun Oct 8 19:12:53 PDT 2006

I added a page to the Wiki to more or less comprehensively cover MacPorts
installation:  Installiing MacPorts, X11, setting the shell.  Right now it
is OS X 10.4 only.  Comments are welcome.

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/InstallingMacPorts

I'd like to delete the ManuallySettingShell at the top-level since it
isn't needed anymore.  I also propose the structure as shown below for the
Wiki.  I think the current structure needs improvement.

Mark

--------------------------------------
** MacPorts Starting Points **

I) Home Page
II) Getting Your Mac Ready for MacPorts
	1) Install Xcode Tools
	2) Install the MacPorts Binary
	3) Installing X11 and setting the shell (optional)

II) Using MacPorts (Joe's Getting Started section)
III) FAQ

** MacPorts Support and Development **

I) MacPorts Internals
	1) Build Phases
II) Making Portfiles (or Portfile examples if that is too challenging)
III) MacPorts Guide (enhanced legacy guide)
IV) New Committer's Guide
V) Developer FAQ
VI) Legacy Site, Docs, etc