macports and specific build

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Thu Oct 12 14:32:02 PDT 2006

On Oct 12, 2006, at 5:23 PM, cssdev at mac.com wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2006, at 4:01 PM, Mark Hattam wrote:
>>> The php4 port version 4.4.4 revision 2 does include a gd variant.
>>> Make sure you have the latest version of the port by first saying
>>> "sudo port sync"
>>
>> it seems to have ignored the +gd bit altogether, as it went
>> through all the usual parts of the install without apparently
>> doing anything about gd. I expected it to download and install gd
>> as part of the php4 install, like it does with expat, gettext,
>> openssl and the like.
>
> At a quick glance, this looks like a bug:

[snip]

> The depends_lib does not include port:gd. Should the user should
> beforehand decide which particular version of gd to install (gd,
> gd2, or gd2-nox11)? Try installing one of those first, then install
> php4 with the +gd variant.

I believe php4 comes with it's own copy of gd that gets statically
linked in when you use the +gd variant.

I don't really use php, so I can't comment as to whether or not it
would be a good idea to have the port depend on a macports-supplied
gd or if it's better to just use the php-provided version.

--
Daniel J. Luke