Unable to get subversion 1.4 to work

Ryan Schmidt macports-2006d at ryandesign.com
Mon Oct 16 13:30:59 PDT 2006

On Oct 16, 2006, at 07:24, Elise van Looij wrote:

> Op 13-okt-2006, om 4:14 heeft Rob het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Here's a basic recipe for getting MacPorts Subversion running
>> using MacPorts Apache...
>> <SNIP steps 1-3>
>>
>> 4. Verify that the client part is working by checking out the
>> trunk of the Subversion project:
>>
>>     % mkdir svn-trunk
>>     % svn co http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk svn-trunk
>
> That worked so the client is working. BTW, do I need to keep this
> stuff?

No, you can delete it now.

>> 5. Create a repository
>>
>>     % cd /
>>     % sudo mkdir svn-repos
>>     % cd svn-repos
>>     % sudo mkdir public
>>     % sudo svnadmin create --fs-type fsfs public
>
> I did use svnadmin create before, but not with the fs-type fsfs
> options

Since Subversion 1.2.0, the FSFS FS-type is the default, so that
option is not necessary.

> Hallelujah, it finally worked! Thank you again and thanks to
> everyone who responded to my cry for help--after days of struggling
> alone it is nice to know there are other people willing to think
> along with you.

For further help with Subversion, do check out the Subversion book at
http://svnbook.org and the Subversion users mailing list at http://
subversion.tigris.org/mailing-list-guidelines.html . It's a very
active and rather high-traffic list filled with lots of helpful
people who generally answer questions very quickly. Of course you
should search the mailing list archives at http://svn.haxx.se/users/
first because many questions have already been asked before.