Fetchmail, no address associated with nodename

Aurélien DEHAY aurelien.dehay at mac.com
Wed Oct 18 13:13:33 PDT 2006

Hello.

I've installed fetchmail via macports on my iMac. I know this
question is not macports specific, but maybe someone knows...

ordinateur-de-aurelien-dehay:/etc root# fetchmail -f fetchmailrc -N -v
fetchmail: Avertissement: appeler fetchmail avec privil`eges root est
d'econseille.
fetchmail: 6.3.5 interroge imap.laposte.net (protocole IMAP) `a Wed
Oct 18 22:00:12 2006 : r'ecup'eration en cours
fetchmail: 'echec getaddrinfo("imap.laposte.net","imap") : No address
associated with nodename
'Echec de connexion IMAP avec imap.laposte.net: Unknown error: 0

A "host imap.laposte.net" give me this answers:
ordinateur-de-aurelien-dehay:/etc root# host imap.laposte.net
imap.laposte.net has address 81.255.54.7
Host imap.laposte.net not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

A nslookup on the same address:
ordinateur-de-aurelien-dehay:/etc root# nslookup
 > imap.laposte.net
Server:         192.168.100.1
Address:        192.168.100.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   imap.laposte.net
Address: 81.255.54.7

My resolv.conf has only my ADSL router address (which forwards to the
real DNS servers). What's the trick? Is it related to IPv6? I'm
coming from Linux world, and my fetchmail conf is good, the same
configuration works on my ubuntu box, I'm just waiting about
migrating my mail configuration to swtich off my linux box...

If anyone has a idea...

Best regards.
--
Aurélien