gtk2 fails to build

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Wed Oct 18 18:43:51 PDT 2006

It is likely that something that the atk port depended on was
changed, so that port saw that atk was installed, but that the gtk+
configure process could not find a working atk.

At this point the problem seems to be not reproducible.

On 18 Oct 2006, at 12:49, Jim Mock wrote:

> On Oct 18, 2006, at 6:59 AM, Sandor Szücs wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Oct 15, 2006, at 6:42 , Randall Wood wrote:
>>> The atk port needs to be installed first. Seems that the gtk2
>>> port is missing a dependency.
>>
>> I had the same problem, but atk was installed with version
>> 1.12.2_0. After an uninstall, selfupdate and install of atk, gtk2
>> builds without problems. selfupdate was up to date before the try
>> to uninstall, selfupdate and install of atk!
>
> [...]
>
>> $ sudo port install atk && sudo port install gtk2
>
> It's odd that you had to do this to make it work since the gtk2
> port does actually have atk as a dependency:
>
> depends_lib     port:glib2 port:tiff port:libpng port:atk port:pango \
>                 port:gettext lib:libX11.6:XFree86
>
> - jim

Randall Wood
rhwood at mac.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."