Forcing dylib builds

Dethe Elza delza at livingcode.org
Thu Oct 19 17:54:49 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

I've been struggling to get the programming language Io fully
installed on my system.  Io recommends MacPorts for installing
dependencies and mostly that has been working for me.  A couple of
things which didn't work are avcodec (part of ffmpeg) and
libSoundTouch.  Both of these install from MacPorts OK, but they only
have .a and .la files, while Io requires .dylib files.

Is there anything I can pass in to make the port build dynamic
libraries, or do I need to edit the portfile?  And if I have to edit
the port, are they cached locally or do I need to set up a local
portfile repository?

I'm running OS X (10.4.8, Intel) and have uninstalled all ports and
reinstalled just the ones needed for Io (I had a lot of very out-of-
date ports and wanted to start with a clean slate).  I'm running the
latest version of MacPorts.  If there's any further info needed, let
me know.

--Dethe

This [the adoption of open source software] isn't just my idea, or
Brazil's idea. It's the idea of our time. The complexity of our times
demands it." --Gilberto Gil, Brazilian Minister of Culture