installing an older version of a port

Marc André Selig mas at seligma.com
Thu Oct 19 23:41:41 PDT 2006

On 20.10.2006, at 04:36, Sancho McCann wrote:

> The current version of py-numeric is 24.2, but I want to install
> 23.8. What is the best way to do this that would still allow ports
> dependant on py-numeric to install?

Here's one way (I'm not saying it's the best): Fetch a previous
version from the repository.

	# Edit /opt/local/etc/ports/sources.conf to include file://Users/
Shared/dports at the top
mkdir /Users/Shared/dports	# do it as adm and chmod g+w for all users
editing ports
cd /Users/Shared/dports
svn co --revision "whatever" http://svn.macports.org/repository/
macports/trunk/dports/python/py-numeric/ python/py-numeric/
portindex /Users/Shared/dports

Of course, this only works if there is a previous revision that
corresponds to 23.8.  It can also be used to fix a port at a certain
date, e.g. by using --revision {20060830}.

Regards,
Marc