Php-module for apache - start server

Ulrich Wiederhold wubuwei at gmx.net
Sun Oct 22 05:57:04 PDT 2006

Hello,
I am very new with macs but I need to install zoph (www.nother.net) on my
imac (Intel CPU).

For this I need new apache, php and more. So I installed darwin|macports
1.3.2 and php5 and apache2.2.

1. How do I get a php5 Module for apache?

2. How do I start the mysql5-Server and restart it every time I start the
mac?

3. If I start apachectl, it still uses /usr/bin/apachectl from my Mac-OS. I
already added the PATH in /etc/profiles and as well in my .profile. Can I
uninstall the older versions of apache, mysql, perl etc. that came with my
macos?

4. If I figured out all the problems above i can install zoph. I could do it
from source in /usr/local, or is there a better way? Is it possible to build
my own zoph-package to install/uninstall it with macports?

Thanks for your help.
Uli