wget doesnt build for me - Perl Problem

Peter dp at martina-pump.de
Mon Oct 23 09:36:31 PDT 2006

Hi Daniel,

thank you VERY much for your help !

>>> Why did you install Pod::Man in /usr/local?
>>
>> because I use the CPAN shell to install Perl modules beside MacPorts
>
> cpan shell with macports perl defaults to installing into a
> directory in /opt/local

Yes, but I configured CPANplus to install not in /opt because I
wanted to keep my custom Perl installs separated . . .

> Because PERL5LIB isn't set when macports runs (because macports
> sanitizes the environment variables before running)
>
> You can get macports to keep PERL5LIB by adding it to extra_env in /
> opt/local/etc/ports/ports.conf

Next time I run into trouble with MacPorts Perl I will try that -
thank you for this info . . . in the meantime I solved my problem w/
wget by installing the missing .pm manually into /opt/local ( I was
too impatient ;-)  )

Thanks again
Peter