emacs-devel +carbon has no carbon ?

Jeff Maze jefftmaze at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 11:31:57 PDT 2006

--- David Glasser <glasser at mit.edu> wrote:

> On 10/20/06, Jeff Maze <jefftmaze at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've done
> >
> > $ port install emacs-devel +carbon
> >
> > and also
> >
> > $ port uninstall emacs-devel
> > $ port install emacs-devel +carbon-beta
> >
> > Each install gives a binary emacs-22.0.50 which appears to be a
> > non-windowed, non-carbonized version of emacs like the regular
> > 'port install emacs' package.
>
> Look in /Applications/DarwinPorts/Emacs.app.
>
> --dave

Thanks; I did look in /Applications but didn't notice the DarwinPorts
directory until now.

Is there some overview document I missed which says, "native carbon/
cocoa builds are sent to /Applications/DarwinPorts"?  It is certainly
unexpected since everything else goes into /opt.  Just trying to
help the next newbie who stumbles with this.

-jeff