Php-module for apache - start server

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Tue Oct 24 22:56:26 PDT 2006

Ryan Schmidt <macports-2006d at ryandesign.com> on Tuesday, October 24, 2006
at 1:34 PM -0800 wrote:
>> "Ulrich Wiederhold" on Monday, October 23, 2006 at 1:32 PM -0800
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The lines in httpd.conf about in the mime-section were missing.
>>> Now it
>>> works.
>>> Thanks.
>>> Perhaps there should be another little textmsg after installing
>>> php for
>>> apache2?
>>> It used to be this way in older apache versions, I thaught it´s not
>>> nessesary anymore for verions 2.
>>> Anyways. Thanks again.
>>> Now I can continue with perl and the other stuff...
>>
>> What lines were missing?  PHP5 isn't working for me right now so
>> perhaps I
>> have the same problem.
>
>The AddType directives I mentioned here:
>
>http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2006-October/
>000449.html
>
>What symptoms are you experiencing?

Apache worked, but  <?php phpinfo() ?>. didn't show PHP running.  But yes,
I followed your email :

Add these lines inside the "IfModule mime_module" section:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

and mine also works fine now.  Funny, last time I installed PHP5, I
followed the ui_msg to the letter and they worked as is.  Can someone add
these statements to the ui_msg's?

Thanks a lot.

Mark