port install xpdf

Walt Burkhard burkhard at yew.ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 31 08:25:22 PST 2006

Hello,

I am new to the MacPorts arena; this seems to be a great enterprise!

I am also new to the Mac world having purchased my first iMac Tiger recently.

I managed to install ispell from MacPorts without a hitch; thanks.

However, when I install xpdf the resulting configuration obtains an execution error
which I repeat here.

	mac 128: xpdf <something>.pdf
	dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
	  Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libXm.4.dylib
	  Reason: Incompatible library version: libXn.4.dylib requires version 7.0.0 or later,
		but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 5.0.0
	Trace/BPT trap
	mac 129:

My environmental DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/opt/local/lib:

As another side note, ps2pdf works fine.

What other info do I need obtain for insight here?  What else do I need here?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Walt Burkhard