port install xpdf

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Oct 31 11:15:10 PST 2006

On Oct 31, 2006, at 11:25 AM, Walt Burkhard wrote:
> 	mac 128: xpdf <something>.pdf
> 	dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
> 	  Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libXm.4.dylib
> 	  Reason: Incompatible library version: libXn.4.dylib requires
> version 7.0.0 or later,
> 		but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 5.0.0
> 	Trace/BPT trap
> 	mac 129:
>
> My environmental DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/
> X11R6/lib:/opt/local/lib:

This is probably your problem.

You shouldn't need to set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

from the dyld manpage, DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH "is a colon  separated
list  of  directories  that  contain libraries.  The dynamic linker
searches these directories before it searches the default locations
for libraries."

It's probable that you have a version of libiconv that came with your
X11 install that is older than the macports provided one. Your
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH setting causes the linker to pick that one, even
for programs that were built against the newer libiconv.

--
Daniel J. Luke