DBUS problem

Daniel Ericsson deric at caveo.se
Thu Sep 7 13:49:00 PDT 2006

On 7 sep 2006, at 12.23, pasky wrote:

> Hi
> I have just switched from Fink to Macports and want to set up
> Gnome. The install fails when trying to install dbus.
> I am running osx 10.3.9, xdarwin 1.3.0, xfree86 4.4.0 on a g5 imac
> Here is the output which looks the same as
>  http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/10659
>
> --------------------
>
> --->  Fetching dbus
> --->  Attempting to fetch dbus-0.92.tar.gz from http://
> dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for dbus

<snip>

> ld: warning prebinding disabled because of undefined symbols
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _getpeereid
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make[3]: *** [libdbus-1.la] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I've seen problems with _getpeerid when trying software built for
Tiger(10.4) on Panther(10.3). AFAICS getpeereid isn't available on
Panther.

deric at roguewave:~> otool -Tv /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/lib/
libSystem.B.dylib | grep getpeereid
getpeereid.So    _getpeereid
deric at roguewave:~> otool -Tv /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk/usr/lib/
libSystem.B.dylib | grep getpeereid

I don't know if it's possible to target getpeereid-less platforms in
the dbus-build.

> Any tips or advice on workarounds would be greatly appreciated!

dbus jumped from 0.61 to 0.92 on the last change to the Portfile[1].

It says 0.92 is API compatible with 0.62 so I'd try to make a local
port for 0.62 or grab the Portfile as of r17753[2] for dbus 0.61.

[1] http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/log/trunk/dports/
devel/dbus/Portfile
[2] http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/browser/trunk/dports/
devel/dbus/Portfile?rev=17753