recurring issues with gdk-pixbuf version?

Paul Beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 11:43:30 PDT 2006

On Sep 19, 2006, at 11:27 AM, Jim Mock wrote:

> I think you need gtk 2.10.2 installed.  I'm pretty sure gdk-pixbuf
> is now a part of gtk and the gdk-pixbuf port only applies to gtk
> v1.x (I could be wrong though).

aha. I have 2.8.17, apparently.

port installed | grep gtk2
   gtk2 @2.8.17_0+darwin_8
   gtk2 @2.8.19_0+darwin_8 (active)
   gtk28 @2.8.20_0+darwin_8 (active)
   py-gtk2 @2.8.6_0 (active)

This problem is coming up when I do a port upgrade outdated, though.
Shouldn't this be handled automagically?

<sync and upgrade attempt>

gtk2 is tripping over the gtkprintbackendcups.c issue of some weeks
back.

gtkprintbackendcups.c: In function '_cairo_write_to_cups':
gtkprintbackendcups.c:272: warning: pointer targets in passing
argument 2 of 'g_io_channel_write_chars' differ in signedness
gtkprintbackendcups.c: In function 'available_choices':
gtkprintbackendcups.c:1689: error: 'struct ppd_group_str' has no
member named 'name'
gtkprintbackendcups.c: In function 'handle_option':
gtkprintbackendcups.c:2036: error: 'struct ppd_group_str' has no
member named 'name'
gtkprintbackendcups.c:2043: error: 'struct ppd_group_str' has no
member named 'name'
gtkprintbackendcups.c:2050: error: 'struct ppd_group_str' has no
member named 'name'
gtkprintbackendcups.c: In function 'handle_group':
gtkprintbackendcups.c:2080: error: 'struct ppd_group_str' has no
member named 'name'
make[4]: *** [gtkprintbackendcups.lo] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Don't have time to revisit that, but was resolved at one time.
- --
Paul Beard
contact info: www.paulbeard.org/paulbeard.vcf
pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pdb206/
Are you trying to win an argument or solve a problem?