issues with the gnucash port

zoarre.37258548 at bloglines.com zoarre.37258548 at bloglines.com
Sun Sep 24 20:29:01 PDT 2006

i thought i had followed the instructions at the website. my ~/.profile:

#
# Your previous .profile  (if any) is saved as .profile.dpsaved
# Setting
the path for DarwinPorts.
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH

test -r /sw/bin/init.sh && . /sw/bin/init.sh

export DISPLAY=:0
export
EDITOR=emacs

my /etc/x11/xinit/xinitrc:

#!/bin/sh
# $Id: xinitrc,v
1.1.1.1 2005/02/24 22:35:39 akosut Exp $

userresources=$HOME/.Xresources

usermodmap=$HOME/.Xmodmap
sysresources=/etc/X11/xinit/.Xresources
sysmodmap=/etc/X11/xinit/.Xmodmap

# needed for X11 appst
source ~/.profile

# merge in defaults and keymaps

it appears my .bashrc was not deleted, just empty. now that i've
deleted it, "open-x11 gnucash" works from the terminal. i still can't run
it from the x11 menu.

almost there. :)

if using open-x11 works from
butler, i probably won't care about getting it to work from the x11 menu.

zoarre.37258548 at bloglines.com
writes:
> >i can launch gnucash from the terminal. i can't launch it from
the x11
> >menu.
> >

> >i opened up an xterm window and just as you
described, the PATH doesn't
> >include anything from /opt/local. how do you
recommend i fix this?