Problems activating XFree86

Eric mailist at ericgorr.net
Mon Sep 25 12:46:45 PDT 2006

It builds without any troubles, but when I hit the activation step, I get:

Error: Target com.apple.activate returned: Image error:
/usr/X11R6/include/DPS/ColorSB.h already exists and does not belong to a
registered port.  Unable to activate port XFree86.

Any ideas on how I can get around this error?

I need XFree86 installed because the gd2 port depends upon it.

I'm curious...I assume that the gd2 port depends upon it because it is
being built with xpm support. Would it be possible to have a variant of
gd2 without xpm support and (perhaps) then be able to drop the
dependency on XFree86...?

Thank you.