kde problem

Edward Thome edthome at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 25 13:33:02 PDT 2006

On Sep 25, 2006, at 3:00 PM, Edward Thome wrote:

> On Sep 25, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Bengt Nilsson wrote:
>
>> Trying to install kde:
>>
>> --->  Configuring kdelibs3
>> --->  Building kdelibs3 with target all
>> Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd /opt/
>> local/var/db/dports/build/
>> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate
>> _dports_kde_kdelibs3/work/kdelibs-3.5.1 && ./CompileScript.sh"
>> returned error 1
>> Command output: the following environment is being used:
>
> <snip!>
>

>> *** YOU'RE USING autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.60.
>> *** KDE requires autoconf 2.53 or newer
>> make: *** [cvs] Error 1
>> kdelibs3-3.5.1-3 cvs-build failed!
>>
>> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: kdebase3
>> kdelibs3 kdenetwork3 kdepim3 kdeaccessibility3 kdeutils3
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>
>> What's that supposed to mean? You are using autoconf 2.60, version
>> 2.53 or newer is required?!!?
>>
>> Bengt Nilsson
>
> The same thing happened to me this weekend.
>
> I went to
>
> /opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/
> rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/kde/kdelibs3
>
> and edited the Portfile
>
> by replacing the lines
>
> depends_build   	port:autoconf \
>                			port:automake
>
> with
>
> depends_build   port:automake
>
> and it worked!
>
> I know that I probably shouldn't, and that the maintainer needs to
> know so that it can be fixed, but in the meantime it worked.

Actually, I didn't know which maintainer to contact; this all
happened after updating gettext this weekend.  After needing to
recompile lftp to get it to work, I came to think I'd need to
recompile everything depending on gettext, so I recompiled
Kdelibs3.   Kdelibs3 compiled beautifully a few weeks ago without any
help (and without the new gettext).

Ed