Upgrading gettext breaks many ports

David Glasser glasser at mit.edu
Mon Sep 25 14:06:02 PDT 2006

On 9/25/06, Paul Beard <paulbeard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 25, 2006, at 1:57 PM, David Glasser wrote:
>
> > As a note -- I've gotten offers of how I can recover on IRC and in
> > personal responses to my mail.  That's great, but that doesn't mean
> > that there isn't an issue here which is going to affect a lot of
> > users.
>
> I think David is onto something here: is this a feature of the new
> lists? shouldn't replies go to the list by default?

Oops, I think I was unclear: my point wasn't "people should say how to
work around this on the list instead of in person", it was "we really
need to come up with something better than a manual workaround that
everybody has to research for themselves".

Maybe portfiles can contain a flag that says "rebuild my dependents
when you install me"?

--dave

--
David Glasser | glasser at mit.edu | http://www.davidglasser.net/