Is kdm working?

Edward Thome edthome at bellsouth.net
Fri Sep 29 13:46:18 PDT 2006

Hello.

The question:    Is kdm working for anyone?

I presume that most people are using KDE from within the X11.app with
an appropriate .xinitrc file.  KDE works fine for me that way.
Lately I have tried to use kdm, and while kdm greeter presents a
login screen, authentication always fails.  It says 'login failed' so
instantaneously it has me wondering whether or not kdm is actually
working.  I've followed the instructions pointed to within the kde
help, so I presume I am doing it correctly.

Thank you in advance!

Ed Thome