zlib port broken?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Apr 1 01:05:51 PDT 2007

On Apr 1, 2007, at 02:01, Cédric Luthi wrote:

> On 1 avr. 07, at 06:45, Chip Warden wrote:
>
>> Any ideas, or am I just missing something?
>
> You must update MacPorts to version 1.4 and then retry to install
> zlib.

Oh? 1.4 is out? That's surprising, since I don't recall a release
announcement going to this or the -dev list, and there's no mention
of it at www.macports.org.

I do see 1.4 available in the downloads directory so I don't dispute
that it's out. I'm just surprised that the release was so silent.

That is, I did see the "MacPorts 1.4, final call for feedback"
message stating that a final release would be made soon. I just would
have thought that such a final release would have been accompanied by
an announcement and a prominent feature on the project web page.