APR-util

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 3 01:20:15 PDT 2007

On Apr 3, 2007, at 02:37, Markus Häcki wrote:

> I tried to install the apache server with php and mysql through
> macports but I allways got the same error:
>
> Error: Target com.apple.configure returned: configure failure:
> shell =20
> command "cd "/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/=20
> _private_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsy
> nc.darwinports.org_dpu=20=
>
> pdate_dports_devel_apr-util/work/apr-util-1.2.8" && CPPFLAGS=3D-I/
> opt/=20=
>
> local/include LDFLAGS=3D-L/opt/local/lib ./configure --prefix=3D/
> opt/=20
> local --with-apr=3D/opt/local/bin/apr-1-config --with-expat=3D/opt/
> local =
> =20
> --with-iconv=3D/opt/local --with-berkeley-db=3D/opt/local/include:/
> opt/=20=
>
> local/lib/db44 --without-mysql --without-pgsql" returned error 1

It's a bit difficult to read with your broken MIME encoding there.
But I can see that the configure line ends with --without-pgsql.
However, the current version of the apr-util port has an additional
option after --without-pgsql (namely --with-sqlite3=/opt/local). That
change was made to the portfile February 26, 2007, in revision 22339.
The fact that you don't see parameter this in your configure line
means your ports tree is over a month out of date.

> Command output: checking build system type... powerpc-apple-
> darwin8.9.0
> checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.9.0
> checking target system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.9.0
> checking for working mkdir -p... yes
> APR-util Version: 1.2.8
> checking for chosen layout... apr-util
> Applying apr-util hints file rules for powerpc-apple-darwin8.9.0
> checking for APR... configure: error: the --with-apr parameter is =20
> incorrect. It must specify an install prefix, a build directory, or
> =20
> an apr-config file.
>
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: apache2 apr-util
> pcre
>

> I selfupdated the ports but the same error shows up ufter a wile.
> I'm running mac os X.4.9.

I don't understand why your ports are out of date if you have run
port selfupdate, since that includes a sync which would update the
ports tree. Please try running "sudo port sync" manually and see if
it updates your ports. And then try building apr-util again.

The --with-apr parameter is correct; as you can see, it does point to
an apr-config file. You should already have the apr port installed.
(It should install it for you if you don't.) Do you now have apr
installed?

> Somebody in a forum asked me wether I have the actual version of x-
> code running. I just know that I have installed the package and
> that my system is up to date!

Yes, it would be a good idea to confirm that you have the current
version of Xcode. Go to /Developer/Applications in the Finder and get
info on Xcode.app. The current version is 2.4.1. If you have anything
older, get 2.4.1 from the Apple developer web site.