gnucash fails on libgtkhtml

Marc André Selig mas at seligma.com
Tue Apr 3 01:37:58 PDT 2007

On 03.04.2007, at 02:40, Anthony Michael Agelastos wrote:

> checking for libgtkhtml-3.8 ... checking for libgtkhtml-3.6 ...
> checking for libgtkhtml-3.2 ... checking for libgtkhtml-3.1 ...
> configure: error: Could not find a working gtkhtml version (need
> 3.1, 3.2, 3.6, or 3.8)
[...]
>   libgtkhtml3 @3.14.0_0 (active)
>
> It appears that gnucash is looking for an older version of
> libgtkhtml that is no longer available as a Port. Does anyone have
> any ideas? Thank you for your help.

Your conclusion is correct: the current release of GnuCash does not
work with libgtkhtml 3.14 (which is apparently lacking some wrapper
functions used by the printing subsystem), thus the recent upgrade of
libgtkhtml3 breaks GnuCash.

I have committed a new port libgtkhtml312, providing the previous
(known-good) version of libgtkhtml.  It should happily live together
with libgtkhtml3.  GnuCash now depends on this port.

Please wait until the changes have propagated to the rsync repository
(should take about 12 hours), then do this:

	sudo port selfupdate
	sudo port clean gnucash
	sudo port install gnucash

Thank you for your report!