Upgrade confusion

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Tue Apr 3 21:16:48 PDT 2007

Something is confused in my MacPorts setup.  After a selfupdate tonight
(which got version 1.4) it tries to upgrade the same ports over and
over again, even though they don't need upgrading.  For example when I
execute "port -uf upgrade gnucash" I get the sequence

--->  Deactivating expat 2.0.0_1
--->  Uninstalling expat 2.0.0_1
--->  Installing expat 2.0.0_1
--->  Activating expat 2.0.0_1

I've seen this for expat about 6 times so far, and similar things
happen with many other ports.  At least it's not rebuilding the ports,
so it doesn't take too long.

Also, it tries to install XFree86 even though I have Apple's X11
installed (correctly I think, I've been using it for years and have
installed many ports that depend on it).  After telling me it won't
install XFree86 because I have X11 installed, it then proceeds to
install it anyway.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

Mike Alexander           mta at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI            PGP key ID: BEA343A6