Will 1.4 "upgrade" 1.3.1?

Dan Delaney ddelaney at powercreative.com
Thu Apr 5 11:15:45 PDT 2007

On 4/5/07 2:10 PM, "Daniel J. Luke" <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:
> Try adding the -d -v flags to see why it's failing:

Gives me this at first:

DEBUG: Rebuilding the darwinports base system if needed.
Synchronizing from rsync://rsync.darwinports.org/dpupdate/dports

It sits there for a very long time. Obviously can't make a connection. Then
spits out this:

rsync: failed to connect to rsync.darwinports.org: Operation timed out (60)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at
/SourceCache/rsync/rsync-24.1/rsync/clientserver.c(94)
DEBUG: Couldn't sync dports tree: sync failed doing rsync
    while executing
"darwinports::selfupdate [array get global_options]"
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: selfupdate failed: Couldn't sync dports tree:
sync failed doing rsync

I don't usually have problem with rsync. What port is it trying to connect
to? It might be that I need to open an outgoing port in our firewall.

Thanks
--Dan