MacPorts v1.4.0 release announcement

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Apr 6 07:55:20 PDT 2007

On Apr 6, 2007, at 10:37 AM, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>  For some reason, CURL_CONFIG seems to be
> set to /usr/bin/curl-config, though "which curl-config" outputs
> /opt/local/bin/curl-config (that's a bug since it can lead to
> inconsistent paths),

I believe that the configure script was modified to not look in $
{prefix} as it could lead to bootstrap issues. (yep, see the
OD_PATH_SCAN macro)

>>> The problem is a mismatch between Apple's linker and gcc. A
>>> -I/usr/include is ignored by gcc (because it is in the system path),
>>> while with -L/usr/lib, this directory has the precedence. In short,
>>> using -L/usr/lib is incorrect.
>>
>>  I'm confused as to why you're seeing a build a problem if you
>> don't have
>>  another readline installed.
>
> I have one in /opt/local and this prefix is included in my various
> path environment variables.

I've got CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS set on one of my machines with macports
readline installed and it doesn't have this problem.

Do you have something else set that if you unset, the build works?

--
Daniel J. Luke