Apache2 update question

Mark Duling mark.duling at biola.edu
Fri Apr 6 13:23:20 PDT 2007

Alex Kac <alex at webis.net> on Friday, April 6, 2007 at 12:03 PM -0800 wrote:
>OK - and doing so won't touch my config files, php5_so, and all that?
>I'll tar it all up now for a backup and try it :)
>
>On Apr 6, 2007, at 1:55 PM, Mark Duling wrote:
>
>> Alex Kac <alex at webis.net> on Friday, April 6, 2007 at 10:46 AM
>> -0800 wrote:
>>> So when I did the SVN with mod_dav_svn variant, it grabbed Apache2
>>> which
>>> is what I wanted. However, I was not able to specify any variants I
>>> wanted for that. I probably should've grabbed apache2, but so far its
>>> worked fine. Well since I'm setting a brand spanking new server with
>>> LDAP, I decided I wanted to move my authentication to LDAP instead
>>> of dbm
>>> files.

Backing up is the best thing.  But the httpd.conf doesn't get replaced
because the original was httpd.conf.sample.  That's why it is bad for
ports to install config files as what their fianl name will be.  But not
all Apache config fiels do this; anything in extra/ will get replaced.
This could be fixed to work the same way but no one has yet.

Mark