Macports Newbie - XServe use

Alex Kac alex at webis.net
Sat Apr 7 22:55:02 PDT 2007

Well I'm not sure. I can say that I have my server up in production
now (http://www.webis.net) and my biggest issue is LDAP
authentication in Apache2 - still learning that. But otherwise
everything seems to be working dandy.

MySQL did not work for me either at first, but I simply had to start
it under the right permissions. Then it was swell :)

On Apr 7, 2007, at 11:28 PM, grimm at grimmwerks.com wrote:

> I could really still use some help with mysql5 on Tiger server; no
> matter
> what I do I get:
>
> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysqld.sock' (38)
>
> I've tried setting it in the my.cnf, touching the actual file at
> /opt/local/var/run/mysql5/mysqld.sock
>
> Anybody? This is driving me insane.
>
> Thanks much.

Alex Kac - President and Founder
Web Information Solutions, Inc. - Microsoft Certified Partner

"The person who is not hungry says that the coconut has a hard shell."
-- African Tribal Saying