gnome-applets install failure

Tabitha McNerney tabithamc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 02:22:27 PDT 2007

Helllo Randall, et al,

I just nabbed MacPorts 1.4.0 and and installed on both a PowerPC and an
Intel Mac. In both cases, I ran into similar errors when it was trying to
build gnome-desktop 2.18.0 like this (excerpts from the error output):

PowerPC excerpt:

Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd
"/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_gnome_gnome-desktop/work/gnome-
desktop-2.18.0" && make all" returned error 2
Command output:                                                        ^
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/dbhierx.mod:236: parser error :
ContentDecl : Name or '(' expected
        | keywordset | itermset | %bibliocomponent.mix;)+)>
                                                       ^

Intel excerpt:

Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd
> "/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_gnome_gnome-desktop/work/gnome-
> desktop-2.18.0" && make all" returned error 2
> Command output: ^
> http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd:126: parser error
> : EntityValue: '%' forbidden except for entities references
>
> ^

Don't know if this is helpful but I'd be happy to provide more details.

Best regards,

T.M.