iTerm

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Sun Apr 15 02:55:23 PDT 2007

Growl is a potential dependency[1] of other ports in the ports tree.
The mere fact that it has an auto-update feature is not reason to
remove it from the ports tree.

Another comment, that we should remove it since the developers do not
seem to support building it yourself, is slightly incorrect: because
Growl uses AppleScript, it does not like building from the command
line. This is (obviously) a problem for us, but I think it is more of
an Apple problem than a Growl problem.

Also, since we are wishing to eventually be able to distribute
binaries instead of requiring that users install Xcode, repackaging
binaries should not be a problem for us, particularly if we are able
to get our act together and not let ports get too stale.

[1] potential dependency = we would be depending on it if it could
build reliably from the command line