Recursive uninstall?

David Kulp dkulp+macports at cs.umass.edu
Mon Apr 16 09:10:31 PDT 2007

Howdy.  Is there a way that I can recursively uninstall a port and
its dependencies?  Somehow I have gnome-session installed with a
zillion dependencies -- most of which have no other dependents.  I
don't know why it bugs me, but I want to uninstall all this mess that
I don't use.

a) Is there a hidden uninstall option that recursively removes
dependencies if said port has no other dependents?

b) Assuming not, can someone point me to the database describing the
dependencies, so I could write a script to traverse the dependency
tree?  Recursively calling "port deps" is slow.  If anyone else is
interested in this script, I'll post it.

Thanks