MacPorts v1.4.2 released

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Apr 17 01:05:54 PDT 2007

On Apr 17, 2007, at 00:05, David Liontooth wrote:

> $ sudo port selfupdate
> DarwinPorts base version 1.400 installed
> Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.420
> Configuring, Building and Installing new MacPorts base
> selfupdate done!

Great! You got MacPorts 1.4.2.

> $ sudo port -f clean --all all
> --->  Cleaning ngrep
> nhc98 is not supported on OS X i386 yet
>
> I'm new to this port system and may be missing something.

Why do you want to clean *all* ports? Is there a specific problem
you're trying to solve by running that command?

The target "all" means all ports that exist, not just those installed
on your system. So "all" includes nhc98, which prints the message you
saw, and also exits, when it's invoked on an Intel Mac.

Perhaps you meant to clean only the *installed* ports. But I'm still
not clear why. I think MacPorts automatically cleans each port after
it's installed, so you really shouldn't need to clean the installed
ports.