Missing libavcodec library in ffmpeg port

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Fri Apr 20 02:04:19 PDT 2007

Hi David,

> For fun, I tried this:
>
>     svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
>     ./configure --enable-shared --disable-vhook
>     make
>
> Looks like it compiled fine -- that's version 8743.

I've updated the ffmpeg port to revision 8743, which builds for me;
try it in 12 hours after a selfupdate and let me know how it goes.
We really need to add a note to it to explain that they're not making
stable releases at the moment, and to fix the version reported by
MacPorts to reflect this, but I'll have to leave that for another time.

By the way, do you fancy submitting a Portfile for transcode so that
we can share your good work?  Have a look at other Portfiles (port
cat <portname>) and reading portfile(7) for help on how to write one.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)