Expat includes not found

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:26:12 PDT 2007

I am compiling psi with jingle support on Mac. It needs expat.

I installed expat 2.0 with macports and it is active.

What path do I need to specify in

./configure --with-expat-inc=[PATH]

for it to work?

I also tried uninstalling expat from macports and compiling it from source
my self, ./configure still doesn't work either.

If this helps:

dima:/usr/local/include cliff$ ls -F
Magick++/               expat_external.h        magick/
Magick++.h              freetype2/              ortp/
QtCrypto/               ft2build.h              png.h@
aquaterm/               gettext-po.h            pngconf.h@
aspell.h                libintl.h               pspell/
autosprintf.h           libpng12/               uninameslist.h
expat.h                 libwmf/                 wand/
dima:/usr/local/include cliff$

I remember it somewhere said to use libtool to link libraries or something.
Don't know what it means, and what is the difference between files in

/include/*.h
/lib/lib*.a
/lib/lib*.dylib
/lib/lib*.la

Please help me, I am really eager to try jingle enabled Psi =)
Thanks for reading&replying.

--
Dmitrijs Ledkovs
Email: Dmitrij.Ledkov at Gmail.com
University: D.Ledkovs at hull.ac.uk

Cell phone: +44 (0) 7842589801
SIP: *01811961 or dmitrij.ledkov at gtalk2voip.com

MSN / AIM / Jabber : dmitrij.ledkov at gmail.com

Correspondence addresses in Latvia and UK are available upon request