Gnucash fails to install: configure dbus-glib failure

Bjorn Berg drbjornberg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 08:03:26 PDT 2007

I checked for dbus. It's invoked on my command line to start GNOME.
So a ran a search and an install and got this trace:

port search dbus
dbus                           devel/dbus     1.0.2        A message bus
system, a simple way for applications to talk to one another.
dbus-glib                      devel/dbus-glib 0.73         Glib
bindings for the dbus message bus system.
IBook:~ bj$ sudo port install dbus
--->  Activating dbus 1.0.2_2
Error: Target com.apple.activate returned: Image error: Another version
of dbus (0.61_2) is already active.

If I uninstall the older version what flaky behaviour can I expect
trying to install the new one?

Bj